- 1. Does the club provide coaching?
Yes, the club has various qualified coaches that can assist you
- 2. What is the cost of coaching?
The cost is R60.00 (subject to change without notice) and this is deducted from your entrance fee when you join the club
- 3. Must I join the club and pay the full fee before I can be coached?
No, only the coaching fee will be payable. You apply for membership once you are deemed ready to play
- 4. Can coaching be provided after 5 o'clock to cater for working people
Coaching arrangements are generally made directly with the coach and they are willing to assist where needed
- 5. Who decides whether and when I am ready to play
The decision is made by your coach
- 6. Where can I find out about what's on at the club
There are notice boards in the club house that show all the required information
- 7. I'd like to try out bowls without commiting myself, can I do this?
- 8. Does the club provide bowls for coaching?
Yes, the club has a selection of bowls available for both Action Bowls and coaching
- 9. How do I get to start playing bowls?
Either you can try Action Bowls and/or arrange for coaching
- 10. Can social members play bowls?
Playing bowls is strictly for fully paid up playing members
- 11. What age group of people play bowls?
Bowls is played by people of all ages. Western Province also arranges competitions for under 19's, 25's and under 45's
- 12. Once a member what will a game of bowls cost me?
Playing tabs-in(social bowls) at Durbanville will cost you nothing as this is included in the yearly fees. Playing tabs-in at other clubs varies from about R10.00 to R30.00 per game